Protecting your Privacy
ULTRA Petroleum Pty Ltd (ACN ) (“ULTRA Petroleum
” or “our
”) is committed to providing you with great customer service, and this includes protecting your personal information that ULTRA Petroleum collects from you. ULTRA Petroleum has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act
), and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Act.
ULTRA Petroleum provides a range of products and services to customers either directly or through our authorised dealers.
Your Personal Information
The types of personal information collected by ULTRA Petroleum include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, phone and mobile numbers and email address. Importantly, we do not collect any personal information we do not need.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or give you the level of service you expect.
How we collect Personal Information
ULTRA Petroleum collects personal information in a number of ways including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details to us through our web site
- From third parties such as our dealers and related companies or your representatives
- From public sources of information
- When legally required to do so
ULTRA Petroleum will never ask you to provide personal information on other individuals.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Assist your purchase of our products and services
- Provide you with products and services you require
- Administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you can be improved
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure
Also, your personal information is collected so that ULTRA Petroleum can keep you informed of our products, services and special offers. Emailed promotional material is provided on an opt-in basis only, and you can indicate your preference by writing to us.
When do we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information where required by law. We may also disclose your personal information to:
- Your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (subject to your permission)
- Our dealers and related companies
- Our contractors, services providers and professional advisers, including accountants, auditors and lawyers
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required or authorised by law, and
- Organisations who manage our website, including those involved in managing our corporate risk.
We may also disclose information about you to a third party located outside Australia where it relates to the purpose for which that information was collected, is required to maintain our records and website, or for the administration of any of our processes.
ULTRA Petroleum web site
ULTRA Petroleum provides products and services through its web site. When you visit our web site our web server records anonymous information such as the time, date, and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our web site and monitor its performance.
ULTRA Petroleum may use ‘cookies’ on its web site. These are small text files commonly used by Web sites and are placed on your computer so that our web server can remember your preferences. In some cases cookies may collect and store personal information about you. ULTRA Petroleum extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used, however if you disable cookies you may not be able to access certain areas of our web site.
ULTRA Petroleum may also collect your personal information through the use of third party tracking and tag manager software through our web site. This may result in the collection of the following types of information: (a) general Site usage, including button clicks, page views, general location of users; (b) interests of users; and (c) crashes and exception reporting for system monitoring.
- we may implement and use display advertising;
- we may use re-marketing with Google Analytics and/or Microsoft Advertising to advertise online;
- third-party vendors, including Google Analytics and Microsoft Advertising, may show our ads on sites across the Internet; and
- where you access the services through a mobile application, we use third party services that collect non-personal information relating to your use of the application, including tracking of application installs and re-engagement.
Users can opt-out by utilising Google’s Opt-Out Browser Add On
(https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or Ads Preferences Manager (https://www.google.com/settings/ads/). For Microsoft Advertising, users can update their preferences at https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/.
Accuracy and security of Information
ULTRA Petroleum takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, and up to date. We also take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from risks such as loss, unauthorised access or use, destruction, modification or disclosure. However, this accuracy largely relies on the information you provide us. Please let us know if there are any errors in your personal information and keep us up to date with any changes.
Contact us for additional support through our ‘Contact Us’ form.